Monday, January 19, 2009

drive all night with me
sing my favorite song and sleep 
under the stars on the hood of our car
its all i ever wanted

all i ever wanted was to
see you in the pale moon light 
just the way you look tonight 
and maybe some day
if love comes our way 
we'll be walking in the meadow in the early spring 
can you see it?
girl, i believe em that 
its true
all i ever wanted
all i ever really wanted was you 

if life is what you make it 
you had your chance
you know i wanted to make you mine
i had this picture in my mind
you were in it all the time
baby. 



look at the two of you
dancing that way
lost in the moment 
in each other's face
so much in love
you're alone in this place.
like there's no body else in the world
i was enough for you not long ago
i was your number one
you told me so
and you still mean the world to me
just so you know
so be careful when you hold my baby

time changes everything
life must go on
im not going to stand in your way

i loved you first
i held you first
and a place in my heart will always be hurt
from the first breath you breathed
when you first smiled at me

i knew the first time i saw you with her
it was only a matter of time
so you might know what im going through
when a miracle smiles up at you 



but im still living with your goodbye
and you're just going on with your life
how can you just walk on by 
without one tear in your eye
dont you have the slightest 
feelings left for me
maybe that's just your way of dealing with the pain
forgetting everything between our rise and fall
like we never loved at all

another week has passed 
and i still havent laughed yet 
so tell me what's your secret 
to letting go.
letting go just like you did.

did you forget the magic
did you forget the passion
oh, did you ever miss me
ever long to kiss me

its like we never loved at all 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home